So I thought we'd start our forum on the right foot with some introductions!
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Introduce yourself and tell us one fun fact about you.
2. Tell us a fun fact about your Lovabull friend!
3. Tell us what you're most passionate about accomplishing for all Lovabull breeds and if you're working on anything right now for that!
4. Tell us what one thing you hope to accomplish with this new community!
Emily Randolph
I can't believe I just found this site and app today! My name is Emily, proud mom to Lilly (9 yr old JRT) & Butters (2 yr old pit bull/hippo). My purpose in life is to change the perception of pit bulls. Butters is my right hand man in that, along with my work with My Pit Bull is Family & rescue work. I am a firm believer that owners of pit bull type dogs and any other discriminated against breed are a powerful group of people that can do amazing things by uniting. Love this! ♡
Kaylan
My name is Kaylan Nelson and I'm a Marketing Coordinator in MN. I have 4 dogs and a mini pot bellied pig. All my dogs are rescue dogs and my two pit bulls started as my foster dogs but we fell in love with them. :) the breed is so misunderstood so I'm working hard to change that perception through educating the public on how great they are. My goal is to rescue pit bulls and train them to be service dogs for disabled veterans.
and  liked this
Hey guys. My names Kevin. I'm a tow truck driver on the eastern shore of Maryland. Turning the big 3-0 in August /sigh.
My boys are just over 1 year old. Blue nose I rescued from a bad house when they were 4 weeks old. I'm a bit of a Star Wars need so they are aptly named Boba ( solid face ) and Fett ( striped face ). They are brothers , boba is 5 seconds older than fett and They are truly my best friends
Be the first person to like this
Jessica Sanabria
1. Hii everyone. My names Jessica and I live in New Jersey. I'm a dog lover. I work as a hairstylist.
2. I have a lovabull pitbull named Rocco. We had him since he was 4 weeks old. For the past year my boy has been paralyzed in his back legs. Doctors say it's a slipped disc even with an extremely expensive surgery the chances are slim to none. we didn't give up. we learned to live without the surgery. He isn't in any physical pain so why not keel fighting for him to have the same life he always had?? Well since it happened movements have been coming back he can stand for a short period of time alone. So much more than I expected. Doctors made us feel like there's no chance. I still have hope. It took some time to get used to but with the love for him myself and my fiance figured it all out. He loves his bones flinging them around once we walk in the door. I call his bones his pacifiers. He loves everyone. Such a gentle beast. it's been alot to get used to but there's nothing we wouldn't do for our rocco. He is in a wheelchair and enjoys his dog life just like a normal dog would.
3. Everyday threw social media myself and my finance try to raise awareness about the breed. So many people still don't want a thing to do with them. Then there are people who get pitbulls and a year later "can't take care of them" Makes me so angry. I hate when I'm walking outside and people will go out of there way to cross the street or grab there kids like a wild lion is coming after them. (even with him in the wheelchair) Raising awareness is you can do.
4. within this app I would like to share our journey pictures and again awareness. You never know maybe I can find someone else this happend to we can help each other give tips. The love that Roccos shows us tells us it's all worth it. He loves us just like we love him.
Cory Bockhorst
My name is Cory Bockhorst, and I am a college student is Southern California. Fun fact =
My lovabull girl is a pit mix of some sort named Lily. She was actually my boyfriends dog, but when we met is was love at first sight and of course I later fell in love with my boyfriend. She is the sweetest most spoiled dog of all and I wouldn't have it any other way.
We also have a foster pit mix that we pulled from the shelter hours before she was to be destroyed. We weren't looking for another dog nor did we have the room but we took her anyways. It was the best decision I have ever made, she had turned out to be one of the best dogs and I can't wait until she finds a forever family that will love her as much as we do!
I've always loved pitbulls and other bully breeds. And I want the world to see how loving they are as companions and want to get their ratio of being in shelter and being put to sleep go down drastically.
As of right now what I would like to accomplish is finding Hayley our foster a forever home. Also working on incorporating a group play strategy in the shelter we pulled Hayley from so people can see how goofy and fun all shelter dogs and especially misunderstood breeds are!
Cory Bockhorst
My name is Cory Bockhorst, and I am a college student is Southern California. Fun fact =
My lovabull girl is a pit mix of some sort named Lily. She was actually my boyfriends dog, but when we met is was love at first sight and of course I later fell in love with my boyfriend. She is the sweetest most spoiled dog of all and I wouldn't have it any other way.
We also have a foster pit mix that we pulled from the shelter hours before she was to be destroyed. We weren't looking for another dog nor did we have the room but we took her anyways. It was the best decision I have ever made, she had turned out to be one of the best dogs and I can't wait until she finds a forever family that will love her as much as we do!
I've always loved pitbulls and other bully breeds. And I want the world to see how loving they are as companions and want to get their ratio of being in shelter and being put to sleep go down drastically.
As of right now what I would like to accomplish is finding Hayley our foster a forever home. Also working on incorporating a group play strategy in the shelter we pulled Hayley from so people can see how goofy and fun all shelter dogs and especially misunderstood breeds are!
Mike Bullied
Hey guys. I'm pretty late to this party lol but I'm mike, @shadowjaw on IG. I'm the dad of Willy, Dino and Marty, all three are rescued. I like music, tattoos and of course bully breeds. I'm passionate about portraying bully breeds in a positive light, especially displaying them with their tattooed humans ߘ
Selena Boyer
Hi! My name is Selena and I'm from Phoenix. I am a supervisor at a mail order pharmacy. I grew up with pit bulls in my family.
I have a 4 year old pit bull named Emmett that is the sweetest boy in the world. I have a 6 year old rat terrier rescue named Jasper that is blind and a 4 month old Chihuahua named Cookie that was abandoned by her owner. Jasper is a grumpy old man and Cookie is an very energetic puppy. Emmett is great with both his siblings.
I am passionate about rescuing dogs and pit bulls in particular. Living in Phoenix it is not uncommon to have a pit bull. But a pot of people I know think that dogs at the pound or rescues aren't good enough. I would like to help change that perception.
I am excited to be part of this community. I love seeing everyone's pictures of their lovabulls. We will make history when we finally end BSL. All dogs are great dogs no matter the breed! :)
Emily Davidson
My name is Emily and I work as a nanny during the day and am a Lowes employee at night and on the weekends.
I don't have any pibbles to call my own right now, but I try to love on all the pitties at the shelter like they are mine. All the pictures I post will be of my shelter kids. I wish I could bring them all home with me.
Right now I am volunteering at Missoula Animal Control. Our other rescue group in town turns away most pits, so the county shelter gets most of them. My goal everyday is to show the staff and the people that walk in, that all the pitties that walk through the door deserve a chance. I love my third "job"!
Emily Davidson
My name is Emily and I work as a nanny during the day and am a Lowes employee at night and on the weekends.
I don't have any pibbles to call my own right now, but I try to love on all the pitties at the shelter like they are mine. All the pictures I post will be of my shelter kids. I wish I could bring them all home with me.
Right now I am volunteering at Missoula Animal Control. Our other rescue group in town turns away most pits, so the county shelter gets most of them. My goal everyday is to show the staff and the people that walk in, that all the pitties that walk through the door deserve a chance. I love my third "job"!
David Avery
1. My name is David and I love to dance, work on cars, play/watch sports, and of course, love my dogs!
2. I have a 3 year old female Pitbull/Shepard named IJ, and a 3 year old Shepard/Husky mix named Kiara. My pitbull is the sweetest dog I have owned in a while, great with other dogs, cats, kids and adults
3. The biggest thing I want to accomplish is the understanding of the breed of pitbulls, erase all the stereotypes and I work very hard to do so, I'm constantly exposing my dog to new situations all the time and challenging her to do more, and most importantly I keep her physically and mentally satisfied so she stays the sweet girl she is with everyone. I take her on hikes, walks, and take her to the dog park 7 days a week (socialization is super important)
4. Hopefully I can do like everyone else is on here and just prove how great of breed these dogs really are when in the right hands, maybe offer some help, definitely receive help/advice and post lots of nice pics! All pitbull lovers feel free to follow me on Instagram! @itsdavery
David Avery
1. My name is David and I love to dance, work on cars, play/watch sports, and of course, love my dogs!
2. I have a 3 year old female Pitbull/Shepard named IJ, and a 3 year old Shepard/Husky mix named Kiara. My pitbull is the sweetest dog I have owned in a while, great with other dogs, cats, kids and adults
3. The biggest thing I want to accomplish is the understanding of the breed of pitbulls, erase all the stereotypes and I work very hard to do so, I'm constantly exposing my dog to new situations all the time and challenging her to do more, and most importantly I keep her physically and mentally satisfied so she stays the sweet girl she is with everyone. I take her on hikes, walks, and take her to the dog park 7 days a week (socialization is super important)
4. Hopefully I can do like everyone else is on here and just prove how great of breed these dogs really are when in the right hands, maybe offer some help, definitely receive help/advice and post lots of nice pics! All pitbull lovers feel free to follow me on Instagram! @itsdavery
David Avery
Shoni
1. I'm Shoni. I'm a stay at home mom to 1 two legged baby and 3 four legged babies.
2. My staffies name is Titan and he is a fun, loving, protective, day care pup. He has been raised with my 19 month old and never leaves him side.
3. I just hope I can change the minds of people who think that all lovabull breeds are "bad" dogs.
4. I have changed the mind of my husband (and he is the most bull headed person I know) and I'm hoping that one day the world will see this breed for how amazing they truly are. I hope to get involved with a group who has the same goal.
Pauline Herr
Hi I'm Pauline I'm 42 I'm in dental hygiene school. I drag race for a hobby I have two adult children, boys, and I have two pit bulls breezy which is my female, she's a year old and tag, short for tagalong which is my male and he's almost 7